Statement of Faith
Anthony & Tiffany Salerno
1. There is one God, who is sovereign and eternal as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. His Word, the Bible, is infallible (Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 40:28, 2 Timothy 3:16).
2. God the Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to testify to the truth (John 18:37).
3. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23). Jesus’ death on the cross satisfies the full punishment and payment for our sins (1 Peter 3:18).
4. Jesus rose from the dead and He is living in heaven right now (1 Corinthians 15:4, Romans 8:34).
5. The Holy Spirit came to guide us, comfort us, embolden us and more, but most importantly, to point us to Jesus. The gifts of healing and other manifestations of the Holy Spirit shown in the Bible are available today (Mark 13:11; John 16:7; Acts 1:8, 4:31; John 15:26).
6. Jesus calls us to be accountable to a Holy God and to love and serve Him with all our heart, mind, soul and strength. We are to repent when we realize we fall short of that, and He forgives us (Matthew 22:37, Matthew 4:17, 1 John 1:9).
7. Every person has the potential to be saved by God. An encounter with the Lord can set anyone on a totally different trajectory with a Godly destiny (2 Corinthians 3:18, Acts 9:1-22). Also, all believers, from young children to older adults, can hear God’s voice (John 10:27, Matthew 19:14, Acts 2:17).
8. Every believer is called to grow in the fruits of the Spirit. When people live loved by the Lord and are increasingly sanctified by Him, they will naturally exude more of these fruits, and especially more so if they aim to grow in them, as they should (Galatians 5:22-25).
9. God cares not only about saving souls but also about discipleship. We grow in partnership with God as He works in us and we cooperate with Him (2 Peter 3:18, Romans 12:2).
10. God is good and God is love. He delights when we trust in Him and step out in faith (Psalm 34:8, Psalm 107:1, 1 John 4:8, Hebrews 11:6).
11. We can do nothing of value on our own but only through Christ in us (John 15:5, Colossians 1:27).
12. Jesus is coming back soon (Revelation 22:12).